Sr Research Technician
The mission of the Texas Heart® Institute is to reduce the devastating toll of cardiovascular disease through innovative programs in research, education and improved patient care. Texas Heart® Institute is a nonprofit organization founded by Dr. Denton A. Cooley in 1962.
For more information, please visit our website at www.texasheart.org
The senior research technician assists research assistants, post-doctoral fellows, and research scientists with technical aspects of research project organization and implementation, experimental procedures, data collection and recording, and maintenance of study files. The incumbent is guided by standard operating procedures (SOPs) to comply with the standards of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and is responsible for participation in training to ensure compliance with GLP.
· Collects, organizes and enters data for projects into spreadsheets and databases. Assists in preparation of reports, manuscripts, presentations and audits relating to research activities. Assists research assistants (RAs) and research coordinators with coordination of less complex research projects. 30%
· Assist with sample inventory entries and verification and communicate with clinical sites as needed. 35%
· Maintains and organizes study files and notebooks, including obtaining study-related forms and correspondence. Informs investigators and other research staff of data deviations that may affect the project or results. 10%
· Maintains lab equipment, including washing instruments and glassware. Maintains logs of equipment calibrations and reports equipment failure or servicing requests to supervisor. 10%
· Check department inventory and ensure that adequate supplies are available. Submit order requests for reagents and supplies and ship supplies to clinical sites as needed.10%
· Promote teamwork. Perform other duties as assigned, and readily assist other research staff when needed. 5%
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in related field is required.
· The ideal candidate should also have a science and/or medical background via work experience or education. Previous research experience is a preferred.
· Cell culture and/or flow cytometry experience is a plus
· Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required
HOW TO APPLY
All qualified candidates please complete the application at http://www.texasheart.org/AboutUs/jobs.cfm