Senior Scientist, Cytometry-RES001824
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Utilizing the technologies of Flow Cytometry, Molecular Pathology, Immunochemistry, Mass Spectroscopy and Genomics, the Translational Molecular Biomarkers (TMB) is responsible for clinical biomarkers in all therapeutic areas and in all phases of clinical development at Merck Research Laboratories. Candidate should have a strong interest in Translational Sciences.
The individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and validate cell-based cytometry assays within TMB for all therapeutic areas and all phases of clinical development.
- Assist in the transition of biomarker assays from Basic Research to Clinical by providing technical guidance on fit-for-purpose assay validation.
- Interface with scientists and physicians in early and late stage clinical development to execute on biomarker strategies in clinical trials.
- Writing memos, final reports and publications summarizing data, and writing/updating lab SOPs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in cell-based (cytometry) assay development and validation, collaborating with project teams, biomarker leaders, clinical operations and regulatory affairs on the implementation of these assays in clinical trials.
- BS, BA, MS or PhD in a life sciences discipline (Immunology, Molecular Pathology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry etc.)
- A minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience for BS/BA OR 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience for MS OR no pharmaceutical industry experience for PhD
- A minimum of 5 years of direct experience in the development of immunological cell-based (cytometric) assays
- A minimum 3 years of direct experience operating flow cytometry instrumentation and associated data analysis tools
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work independently; strong leadership skills
- Ability to execute within a matrixed organization
- Broad knowledge of the drug development process and translational medicine
- Hand-on experience in clinical development/operation or managing the implementation of biomarker assays in support of drug development
- Experience with regulated clinical bioanalysis
- Translational research and/or immune monitoring experience into immunologically-mediated diseases
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.