Field Application Scientist (USA East Coast - Preferably Mid-Atlantic)
IntelliCyt, a Sartorius Company, is seeking a Field Application Scientist to cover the East Coast. IntelliCyt is the leader in the field of high throughput flow cytometry and rapid virus quantification. Our goal is to provide tools that deliver meaningful improvements to mission critical processes that impact human healthcare. These include therapeutic antibody and small molecule discovery, immunotherapy, vaccine manufacturing, protein expression, antiviral development and other settings where viruses and the immune system play a significant role. The company is headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico with facilities in Arvada, Colorado and Campbell, California.
This position is responsible for supporting commercial operations with pre- and post-sale, field-based performance and support of technical applications using the IntelliCyt iQue Screener and ViroCyt® Virus Counter® platforms, related reagents and consumables. This includes the following specific responsibilities:
- Accompanies Sales Representatives on sales calls in customer laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries. Performs technical seminars and presentations that promote the use of the product. Partners with regional sales teams in answering questions regarding the technology.
- Plans, Supports and executes product demonstrations in the field through telephone, email and on-site visits with an exceptional level of technical expertise on all platforms. Provision of professional post demo reports for customer presentation.
- Provides application and workflow support in the installation, optimization and maintenance of the company’s hardware, software and reagents at customer sites to ensure the systems are functioning according to specifications and exceeding customer expectations.
- Provides initial applications training to customers in their laboratories or at the company training center. Provides ongoing post-sales support of customer inquiries concerning product, workflow, and technical adoption through phone, email and on-site customer visits.
- Provide first line troubleshooting and technical support for existing customers up to and including level 2 maintenance procedures.
- Records and reports any necessary adaptations or modifications to experimental methods to achieve technical objectives; critically analyzes complex data; interprets and integrates experiment results within project and company objectives; determines project directives based on data analysis, and maintains complete and thorough documentation in accordance with relevant IntelliCyt and ViroCyt required standards as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP/QSR requirements, etc.).
- Acts as a liaison between customers, sales and product management, and as such, will be expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, establishing credibility and trust with current and prospective clients.
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature, competing technologies and/or products and attendance of scientific seminars and meetings. Communicates the significance of recent scientific developments to peer group.
- Record and manage all customer activities in Salesforce.com CRM
- Present both oral and poster presentations at scientific conferences.
- Participate and attend sales and marketing meetings, as required.
- Significant travel to customer sites.
- The candidate may be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Measures of Contribution/Impact
Contribution is measured through, but not limited to, contribution to sales, successful integration of systems into customer workflows including customer satisfaction, enhancement of the level of scientific proficiency within the company and contributions to scientific content including publications, application notes, and white papers.
Education and Experience
To be successful in this position, you will need to be a creative, thorough scientist and a highly motivated self-starter. You should enjoy using software to manipulate and present experimental data.
- B.S. with a minimum of 3 years industry experience or Master’s Degree/Ph.D with industry experience. Prior Field Applications support role with a life sciences company highly desirable.
- Laboratory experience in one or more of the following is required: cell based assay development, cellular and molecular biology, cellular immunology, high-content cellular analysis, cell surface and intracellular fluorescence labeling, high throughput screening, flow cytometry. Preference will be given to customers who have gained this experience working within or alongside the Biotech and Pharma industries.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical with particular emphasis on clear, professional interactions with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, compliance offices, or members of the scientific community in a clear and confident manner.
- Demonstrated ability to write publications and reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of science and mathematics.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Flexible with outstanding time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Has contact with all levels of company employees as well as frequent interaction with customers.
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 60 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Frequent travel required, up to 75% of time.
A comprehensive compensation package, commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience, will be provided which includes base, commissions and car allowance.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter to: