Research Flow Cytometry Operator/Specialist
Tarrytown, NY, US
Requisition Number: 7151BR
Employment Type: Regular Employee
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
The Research Flow Cytometry Core Facility in the Therapeutic Proteins Department seeks a highly motivated Flow Cytometry Operator/Specialist. The ideal candidate should have at least 2-4 years of lab experience and 0-8 years of flow cytometry/sorting experience. The position will be commensurate with experience. Responsibilities include operation and maintenance of a Beckman-Coulter MoFlo XDP and MoFlo Astrios high-speed cell sorter in a high sample volume core facility. The facility provides sorting, analysis and maintenance services to all of Regeneron’s Research Departments. The primary responsibility will be to perform sorting experiments for the research staff. Other responsibilities include maintenance of analytical instruments that are located in the various buildings on Regeneron’s campus. Will also be responsible for data analysis using various flow cytometric software programs
1. Operate a Beckman-Coulter MoFlo XDP and MoFlo Astrios high-speed cell sorter.
2. Responsible for the proper maintenance, alignment, and calibration of cell sorting equipment.
3. Analysis of flow cytometric data.
4. Support maintenance of flow cytometry equipment. BD FACSCanto, Accuri, LSRII, LSR Fortessa, Fortessa X-20, a Beckman Coulter Gallios and CytoFLEX, an IntelliCyt iOue Screening System and an Amnis Image Stream Imaging Cytometer.
5. Maintain and organize schedules for cell sorting equipment.
6. Maintain adequate inventory of flow cytometry supplies and reagents.
- Flow Cytometry Operator: 2 years lab experience, 0-4 years of flow cytometry/sorting experience.
Flow Cytometry Specialist: 4 years of lab experience, 3-8 years of flow cytometry/sorting experience.
- Knowledge of FACS principles and basic flow cytometry experience.
- Previous experience operating a cell sorter helpful.
- Requires analytical problem solving experience.
- Experience with tissue culture helpful.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform flow cytometric duties that expedite and support scientific staff's flow cytometric goals and objectives.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.