Senior Scientist Bioinformatics
We are actively looking for an experienced computational biologist to join our team as Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics. Cytobank’s knowledge management platform is changing how complex single cell data are used in biomedical research by enabling faster, more thorough analysis, visualization, and management of high dimensionality data. The candidate will be working directly with other scientists, software developers, product managers, and customers to take ownership for, define, and deliver single-cell analysis services and software, enabling the next generation of breakthroughs in immunology and oncology.
What You Will Be Doing
● Work with internal and external scientific customers/collaborators to define, develop, prototype and implement data analysis workflows and pipelines utilizing the Cytobank platform.
● Collaborate closely with the product development team (UI/UX, software engineering, quality, product management) to turn next generation methods into scalable tools, translating business and biology requirements into data workflows.
● Present at scientific conferences on the Cytobank software platform (both biological and computational conferences).
● Assist Cytobank customer support team members in resolving advanced analysis queries.
● Assist with grant writing and white papers.
● M.S. in Computer Science, Biostatistics, Biophysics, Bioengineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, or related field
● Experience analyzing data sets with applications to biomedicine (preferably oncology and/or immunology) with fundamentals in statistics
● Training in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
● Programming experience with R/Bioconductor, shell scripting (Bash), MATLAB, and relational databases (mySQL)
● A passion for data visualization (experience using ggplot, matplotlib, D3.js, etc)
● A committed, team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written)
● Ph.D. in Computer Science, Biostatistics, Biophysics, Bioengineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, or related field
● 5+ years experience working alongside biological or clinical collaborators (network biology, translational and/or clinical data)
● Experience working with and managing cross-functional teams
● A solid foundation in statistics and both unsupervised and supervised machine learning techniques with skills in feature identification
● Experience working with sparse data sets within a biological domain (examples include experience with flow cytometry, CyTOF, scRNA-seq and other expression data in immune profiling and oncology)
Top Reasons to Work with Us
● It’s a very exciting time for science utilizing high dimensional immunology. Our platform is being used by top tier scientists in both academia and industry to decipher the immune system in a variety of therapeutic areas including immuno-oncology, immunology, and infectious disease.
● Surround yourself with cutting edge science and leaders in the field of cytometry and single cell biology
● Flexible work environment with smart, creative team
● Pre-IPO start-up
● Stock options, medical benefits, free lunches, munchies and beverages
● Full time
● Competitive salary and benefits
● Cytobank based in downtown Mountain View CA, some flexibility with respect to where this position is based.
● Up to 20% travel
President and CEO